Saturday, August 9, 2014

THE REVELATION: A Graphic Novel

Last week I stumbled upon Biblical stories put into comic-book/graphic novel form, reading about Jonah with a free ebook download. Since then, I've been looking into a heap of different Biblical "comics" on the iTunes/iBooks Store. Each book is roughly 40pages long, telling a story of the Bible in amazing, colourful artwork. The cost of each comic is fairly cheap - I bought "The Revelation" this morning for only a few dollars.

You can download a "sample" in the iTunes Store!

I love the Bible in its many translations, though some books I've read very little, if any at all, because of the complexity of it. Prime example for myself and many other readers: "The Book of Revelation" also known as "The Book of Apocalypse". It is a book that many will shy away from because of its name and contents: "666, the mark of the beast"... Dragons... beast riding whores... a book of revelation indeed, and the end of time itself.

Though I have read parts of the original, Biblical book, I haven't been able to read the entire thing. I've known a fair bit of what it entails, but it is always going to be the most misunderstood book in the Bible.

Now I own the graphic novel version of it, which makes for much easier, relaxed reading. As soon as the download was complete, I started reading, flipping page after page of marvellous art, learning about the final book in the Bible. Probably the best few dollars I've spent in a long time!

The contents of the book would scare a vast number of people, and rightly so. I just kick back and relax with the story, somewhat looking forward to this point in history. Though a sinner, I try to lead a good life, looking forward to death. For death isn't the end, as many believe, but it is the beginning of the eternity which I will spend with my God - the One, True, Triune God in the persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment