Sunday, February 10, 2013

One Year Plan

Read The Bible and Catechism in One Year!


A few years ago I found on the net this "One Year" Bible and Catechism reading plan from the "Coming Home Network". I started using it that year (I think it was 2010) but didn't get far through it... wasn't disciplined enough and had too many distractions in life.

This being the "Year of Faith" in the Church Universal, and the "Year of Grace" in the Australian Church as well. One of the main focal points for this church year is to become more familiar with the "Catechism of The Catholic Church" (CCC).

Having recently been gifted a copy of the "YouCat" from my Canberran sister in Christ, already owning a copy of the "CCC" as well as a small copy of the "Compendium of The Catechism of The Catholic Church" that we were given as part of our WYD2008 pack. I also have a small "pocket size" they call it, copy of the Douay-Rheims Bible (DR) and the same friend I spoke of earlier sent me another Bible, the "Catholic Student Bible" NAB translation... so I guess you could say I am set! I wish I still had my "pocket size" New Jerusalem Bible with zip... I love the NJB translation, so poetic, but so is the DR, just more old fashioned language than the NJB.

Check out the downloadable PDF reading plan from the "Coming Home Network" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment