Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Inspirational Art


Since finding God in my adult life (2005) I have been utilising my talent of drawing, making religious imagery and architecture. It has been over twelve months since I've picked up a pad and pencil, but I really want to get back into my artwork. It is a form of prayer and there is a real sense of achievement once I have finished a piece, particularly a really wonderful spiritual piece, or a tricky architectural one.

The styles, other than architecture, that I enjoy drawing, exploring and learning include, at this present moment, Coptic Iconography, Islamic geometry and modern/contemporary religious.

With God's grace may I begin to work on some new wonders!

I will leave you with one of my most recent pieces, a Coptic style of Jesus... I think I may work with this one to start with, try and perfect the head shape, or bring it more in line with the Copt style... A modern example of Coptic art is above and to the right. Another big problem is I now only have digital scans of my art now, some photos, no originals or hard copies (I left and thus lost them all in the move out of Albury).




No comments:

Post a Comment