Monday, January 21, 2013

Confession


I went to Saturday morning mass, received a blessing at communion, and went to confession after mass. I had time before and after mass to write in my journal a long, soul-searching inventory of the sins I have committed, even deciding to confess the things I, and many others, don't see as a sin, but The Church teaches is a sin, such as homosexual sex.

Anyhow, this was my first confession in about two years, first real in depth one in at least five years, during World Youth Day Week in Sydney 2008.

Now I have a clean slate, clear conscience, and open path to righteousness, for each sin I commit now I can confess straight away without it building up within me.

My penance was to visit the church at least once a day each day I would be in Albury, which I managed to do mostly, though I was only in Albury for three days... back up in Woodenbong near the Queensland border!

No comments:

Post a Comment